Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Solidarity Pinch

Today we arrived for Ania's weekly "pinch" aka blood draw and there happened to be signs posted all over the hospital advertising a blood drive. 

While she sat on my lap & pulled up her own sleeve, I decided the fact that there was a blood drive that same day was the universe telling me that I could have a chance to demonstrate a little bravery too. 
After her lab work was done, we made our way to the blood drive. I told Ania that it was my turn. She asked if I was getting a little pinch with medicine ( like she gets her prednisone). I explained that there are sick people who are in need of good blood and that I was going to share some of my good blood with those people in need. I'm not sure she totally understood but she seemed to accept my answer none the less. 

In the past, I have always made excuses why I "couldn't" give blood. My veins are small and hard to find...I'm too busy...I'm a wimp.... Blah blah blah...
Today,  I had no excuses- plus, I have a little girl who looks up to me daily and at the same time, she is the bravest person I know. She sticks her arm out boldly week after week with little complaining. Here was my chance to stick my arm out in solidarity with her. I grabbed that chance today.


She watched me pull up my sleeve & grimace a little as the pinch came. However, while the pint of blood was drained from my arm, she beamed with pride! She told me I was brave and strong- just like her :) 

Today was a moment I will never forget. The day we shared pinches together. If I could do this every week with her, I would. Plus, the blood I donated was enough to help save 3 peoples lives. Pretty cool! Never again will I make an excuse not to donate.  

Pinch Buddies :) 

How will you be inspired or inspire someone next? :) Grab that chance when you see it-  it feels great! 

God Bless,

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment