My daughters cancer has gotten worse.
There, I said it. And feel free to add any choice swear words to that unfortunate statement. Yes, I'm afraid our current doctor determined in this mornings exam that the tumor seeds are spreading/growing/multiplying....... Whatever.... They are not responding as they should and he is referring us to a new doctor because he no longer feels confident in treating her. I'm not mad at him for passing us along. I'm mad at this wretched cancer.
Today's appointment was cut short due to his findings so she had no chemotherapy done today. We are home resting and digesting this new news. I have connected with our new retinoblastoma specialist in Philidelphia and most likely will be bringing Ania out there very very soon ( a matter of days). We will talk about what our new course of action will be. We will weigh those options and decide if we should go forward with a new treatment plan or perhaps just enucleate (remove) the eye and be done with this whole cancer "adventure" in one fell, extreme swoop.
Our beautiful, strong, & inspiring child. Your daddy and I love you so much and want nothing more than to see you well.
I don't know what else to say right now other than pray Hard. Pray that we are being put in the right hands. Pray that we make the best decision for our daughter. Pray for Ania. Pray for me. Pray for her Daddy. Pray for our family. Just pray....
Erica ( Ania & family too!)
Keep up to date on Facebook page: